Do you want to become a VMware Certified Technical Associate? The VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification is the most popular technical certification globally. It’s also one of the most respected and can help you land your dream job or get that promotion you deserve.
VMWare courses include over 100 hours of video training covering everything from installing ESXi hosts and configuring shared storage through monitoring performance metrics and troubleshooting issues. This blog discusses the benefits of becoming a VMware Certified Technical Associate.
What are VMware Certifications?
The VMware certification program helps you develop your virtualization or IT skills and understand more about using the company’s applications. Certifications cover a wide range of topics, including:
• Cloud management and automation: This refers to the use of tools through which VMware-based cloud resources can be managed and automated.
• Datacenter virtualization: This involves using VMware products to enable distributed computing and implement virtualized server-computing infrastructures.
• Desktop and mobility: This covers the deployment of virtual desktops and workstations, as well as the support for mobile devices.
• Network virtualization: This includes the use of software to implement software-defined networks.
• Operations management: This refers to the use of VMware products to monitor, manage, and maintain physical and virtual servers.
4 Formal VMware Certifications
VMware offers four levels of certification. Each level builds on the previous one and reinforces your knowledge of VMware products, solutions, and skills.
The four certification levels are:
VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
The VMware Certified Associate (VCA) certification is the first level of certification. Earning this certification proves that you have basic technical knowledge of VMware products and solutions. It also demonstrates that you can use VMware products to solve common problems.
VMware Certified Professional (VCP) Certification
VMware Certified Professionals (VCPs) are proficient in VMware products, technologies, and solutions. VCPs can carry out basic troubleshooting and perform well in small deployments. They can also configure existing environments to run more efficiently.
VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) Certification
The VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification is the highest level of certification. It verifies that you are capable of implementing complex virtualization solutions. It also demonstrates your ability to configure the most advanced features of VMware products and technologies, including high availability, vMotion, and storage policies.
VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) Certification
The VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) certification is VMware’s highest level of certification. It verifies your ability to design complex virtualization solutions, including advanced features and high availability and storage policies.
Earning this certification proves that you have the technical skills to develop a complete enterprise-level virtualization architecture.
VMware certifications require a certain level of documented hands-on experience. You can earn your first certification by passing one exam, but you’ll need to pass five more to earn the VCDX certification.
5 Benefits of Earning VMware Certification
Earning VMware certification can provide many benefits for IT professionals. To earn VMware certification, candidates must pass exams that test their knowledge of the company’s products and solutions.
VMware offers a variety of certification levels so that candidates can find the right level of certification for their skills and experience. Here are five benefits of earning VMware certification.
1. VMware Certified Technical Associate Certification Proves Your Expertise In Virtualization Technology
It shows that you have the knowledge and skills to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere solutions. Earning your VCP certification demonstrates that you have the ability to design, deploy, and manage a virtual infrastructure effectively. In addition, it validates your ability to work collaboratively with VMware partners and customers.
2. The Certification is Recognized Globally and can Help You With Your Career Advancement
Earning a VMware certification can boost your chances of being recruited or promoted. You will receive priority consideration for a position as a virtualization administrator, and your résumé will stand out from the competition.
3. You Can Save Money By Training On the Latest VMware Technology With Authorized Classes
Attending authorized, instructor-led courses ensures that you get the latest information on VMware products. VMware certified instructors teach authorized courses, so you can rest assured that the content is accurate and relevant.
4. There are Different Tracks of the Certification, So You Can Focus On the Areas that Interest You the Most VMware offers different tracks of certification depending on your job role and expertise. The available tracks are:
- Data Center Virtualization: for system administrators and IT managers who want to learn how to install, configure and manage VMware vSphere environments.
- Desktop and Mobility: for system engineers who need to learn how to install, configure and manage VMware Horizon View environments.
- Cloud Management and Automation: for IT architects who are interested in managing vCloud Director Infrastructures.
5. You Can Choose from a Variety of Course Delivery Options.
In addition to instructor-led training, VMware offers self-paced learning and private online VMware training. Classroom-based courses, virtual instructor-led classes (VILT), and Lync-based learning (LBL) are also available in a classroom setting.
Read Also: Trading made easy!
VMware certification is an industry-recognized credential that proves your skills and level of expertise with VMware products. Earning the VCP certification demonstrates that you have the technical skills to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot a virtualization solution.
The VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification verifies that you have the skills to design, deploy, and manage complex virtualization solutions. For this reason, VMware certifications are an essential part of a successful professional virtualization career.