It’s not just your dirty dishes that need a good clean-up; your carpets and upholstery can also benefit from a good deep clean. Here are five easy tips to help you get the job done right.
What You Need To Clean Carpet And Upholstery
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about cleaning your carpets and upholstery. After all, they’re just dirty surfaces that need to be cleaned every so often. But if you want your carpets and upholstery to last for years, you need to give them a deep cleaning every few months. Here are some tips for deep carpet cleaning London and upholstery:
- Remove the furniture and clean the floor where it will be sitting. This will help avoid tracking dirt and debris throughout the room.
- Use a powerful vacuum cleaner with a dusting attachment. Be sure to use the right type of cleaner on each fabric type-carpet, woolen, silk, etc.
- If the upholstery needs to be cleaned in pieces, start by cleaning the seats, then move on to the backrests and so on. Be sure to use a gentle soap and water mixture and avoid harsh chemicals or dryers.
- Once all the surfaces have been cleaned, dry them off carefully with a cloth or a hair dryer set on low heat. Do not use an air conditioner – it will only add more moisture to the
How to Clean Carpet and Upholstery
Carpet and upholstery can be a real chore to clean. But with a little know-how, cleaning them can be a breeze. Here are some tips for deep carpet cleaning Richmond and upholstery:
- Start by prepping your furniture. Apply a coat of a rug protectant or wax to the surface before cleaning. This will help prevent staining and make the cleaning process much easier.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a pet hair attachment if your furniture has pet hair. This will remove all the fuzz and dirt that may have accumulated over time.
- Keep the humidity levels low when cleaning carpets and upholstery. This will help prevent them from becoming brittle or cracking during the drying process.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals when Carpet Cleaning Kensington and upholstery; they can damage the fabric. Instead, use water, vinegar, or a mild detergent like laundry soap. Let the surface dry before moving on to step 5.
- Use a professional carpet shampoo if necessary. This will deep clean the fibers and remove any stains that may have built up over
What to Do if Your Carpets Aren’t Clean
Do you have carpets or upholstery that just don’t seem to be coming clean? Here are a few deep cleaning hints for carpets and upholstery that may help.
Carpet Cleaning Hints:
- Pre-clean your carpet with a vacuum cleaner before hand. This will remove any loose dirt, dust, or debris from the surface.
- Use a shampoo specifically designed for carpets – these will not only clean the surface but also dissolve embedded dirt and stains.
- Be sure to rinse the carpet thoroughly after shampooing to remove all of the soap residue.
- Apply a carpet protector after shampooing to help keep your carpet looking new for longer.
- Use a scrub brush to work the soap into the fabric – be sure to use enough pressure so that scuffing and ripping is avoided.
- Pour water onto the area to be cleaned, then use a wet mop to suds up and sweep the liquid across the surface. Do not wring the mop – simply hang it from one of the loops on the handle and let it drip back into the bucket.
- Leave the area dry before
How to Deep-Clean a Couch
If your couch is looking a little grubby, don’t despair–you can clean it yourself! Here are some tips for Carpet Cleaning Fulham a couch:
- Remove all of the cushions and pillows, if possible. This will make the surface easier to clean.
- Wet down the area you want to clean with cold water and then add a mild cleaning solution such as ammonia or bleach. Be careful not to over-clean–you only need to clean off the dirt, dust, and stains.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a crevice tool to clean tight areas. Be sure to use caution when using this tool; it can be dangerous if it sticks in an electrical socket.
- Rinse the couch off with cold water and dry it off completely before replacing the cushions and pillows.
How to Deep Clean a Rug
If you’re looking for a tidy way to clean up your carpets and furniture, follow these tips for deep cleaning a rug.
Remove the Rug from the Room
Start by removing the rug from the room. This will make it easier to clean and protect the furniture underneath.
Vacuum the Rug
Once the rug is removed, vacuum it thoroughly to remove any dirt, dust, and debris.
Apply a Cleaning Solution
Apply a cleaning solution to a cloth or sponge and apply it to the surface of the rug. Work in circular motions until the solution is fully absorbed into the fabric.
Rake Out Dirt and Debris
Rake out dirt and debris until the surface of the rug is clean. Be sure to use gentle strokes so you don’t damage the fibers of the rug.